At Waterford Place Memory Care we believe each resident should be able to participate in a full life based on their individual interests and needs.
OUR TEAM OF PROFESSIONALS CREATES TAILORED LIVING OPTIONS BY USING:
- Leisure interests, hobbies and work schedules
- Care Plans/Goals
- Inter-department & Family education and support
Our personal assessments will unlock specific needs and interests of each resident to help us build a calendar to encourage new connections and increased enjoyment in life. The goal is for a resident’s day to resemble the lifestyle they were used to at home. It also includes group and individualized tasks and activities, sets a level of participation to encourage success, and incorporates all of their senses for meeting their individual goals. We also encourage the community to volunteer to help residents rediscover the world around them and maximize their opportunities to stay connected.
A RESIDENT’S CALENDAR MAY INCLUDE
- Natural sleep/wake patterns
- Music, learning, physical activities, spiritual engagement, and brain exercises
- Focus groups specific to an individual’s past (i.e. farming), and interests (i.e. music program)
- Daily options based on the resident’s mood
- Montessori based activities to support both the person and the environment they live in. These may include: gardening, cooking/baking, handiwork, creating/building, helping others, contributing to the community, and intergenerational programs